Happy Monday, all…
Well, it’s noon Sunday afternoon at the moment, so can’t comment on today’s whether but man was Saturday absolutely miserable. Went to Yelp’s Summertime Street Soiree by CityArts Factory. Started out just drizzling, so was completely fine with getting a little wet. Then, as always happens during a Florida rainstorm, the instant you can hear the downpour rolling down the street. Realized I was two blocks from my car and was just like “F it!” and got soaked. Oh well. And I’m sure the fine fellows at the Orlando Public Library didn’t appreciate me walking in dripping wet to see if they had Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (want to read it before the movie comes out in a couple weeks). Sadly, they didn’t but did get hit up by several bums standing in the entryway to stay out of the rain.
Saturday evening, went to Little Fish HUGE Pond in downtown Sanford for their Anime Night. Not really what I expected… I guess, due to a subpar turnout, they ditched the Anime programming (Trigun: Badlands Rumble) for Game 7 of the Heat/Celtics series. Seemingly, the managers aren’t discouraged and will try another Anime Night at some point in the future. FYI, been there a couple times and love that little bar.
Anyways, before we get into this week’s happenings, another pitch for you to vote GGOrlando in this year’s Orlando Weekly Best of Orlando poll. To help you get to the 15 categories needed to successfully submit your ballot, here are some other candidates “for your consideration”:
- Best Dance Company: Skill Focus: Burlesque
- Best Indie Act: Marc with a C
- Local Music Festival: Nerdapalooza
- Best Metal Act: Sci-Fried
- Best Local Big Shot: Triforce Mike
- Best Local Website: Geek World Order
- Best Local Blog: Generation Geek – Orlando
- Best Local Twitter Feed: @GrandOwl (shameless plug)
- Best Comic Book Store: <Insert your favorite here>
- Best Theme Park Ride: E.T. Adventure (we all know why, but I can’t specifically say it)
I’m going to start spamming the GGOrlando Twitter account with that, so be warned.
With that out of the way, here’s what’s happening this week at Generation Geek:
- Monday: Local Spotlight – Star Trek: The Exhibition
- Tuesday: New Home Video and Video Game Releases feat. Lollipop Chainsaw
- Wednesday: This Week in Comics feat. Spider-Men #1
- Thursday: Orlando Events Calendar – CEO 2012 Fighting Game Championship
- Friday: n00bTube: Warmachine
Have a great week, Orlando!