Good morning, geeks!
Hope everyone had a pleasant Father’s Day. Here I would normally regale you with my tales of weekend geekiness, but I really didn’t do much. I had to work yesterday, but had Saturday off… Stopped by Acme Superstore in Longwood to pick up Batman #10 and Spider-Men #1. After stating in last week’s “This Week in Comics” post how concerned I was about Spider-Men, after reading it I don’t really have much to complain about… Because not overly much happened. I ended the weekend completing Back to the Future: The Game Episode 1, a game which I bought the day it came out in 2010 to play on my weekend MBA trips to Gainesville, and trying to finish Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter before this weekend’s release of the film.
I also spent Saturday reinstalling the software I lost to help rebuild the “new” GGOrlando, due sometime in August. I’ve got some ideas I think are good that I hope everyone loves when I finally pull back the curtain on the full-fledged website. While I build the page, if y have any suggestions, feel free to e-mail them in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what’s happening this week at Generation Geek:
- Monday: Local Spotlight – Costumers with a Cause
- Tuesday: New Home Video and Video Game Releases feat. Pokemon Conquest
- Wednesday: This Week in Comics feat. Astonishing X-Men #51
- Thursday: Orlando Events Calendar – Dinner and a Movie Presents: CLUE the Movie
- Friday: Local Kickstarter Roundup