What is it?
Nerdapalooza is an annual “nerd music” festival. Genres include nerdcore, chiptunes, video game music, geek rock, and more. This year’s Nerdapalooza starts tonight and runs through Sunday downtown.
Where is it?
How much does it cost?
- Weekend Pass: $50 <Tickets>
- Single Day Pass: $35 <Saturday Tickets> <Sunday Tickets>
- Epic Win Burlesque (Separately Ticketed Event): $10 <Tickets>
- Weekend VIP Pass: $290 (includes balcony access with the bands, full open bar, t-shirt, and badge) <Tickets>
Who’s going to be there?
This year’s headliners include:
- Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- Math the Band
- Metroid Metal
- The NESkimos
- The Protomen
For write-ups on each of the bands including videos, check out our friends at Geek World Order who did all that work so I didn’t have to!
Among the local artists are:
- Sci-Fried & Marc With a C: Sci-Fried will be taking the Nerdapalooza stage to celebrate their release of Co-Op Mode – their new album of collaborations with some of the top artists in the geek scene. This year, they’ll be following up a set by Marc With a C. Which leads to gems like this.
- Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew: So Howard Stern and the other judges on America’s Got Talent weren’t their biggest fans, but this merry band of buccaneers will be hitting up the Nerdapalooza stage to claim all the booty.